Friday, January 26, 2007

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY

I am 66 years old today. I love birthdays. I always have. I remember the year I turned 6. I had to hold up both hands to show six fingers instead of five. It meant I was growing up. And I really could not wait to grow up and go to school. I wanted to learn to read so I could read the comic books instead of just looking at the pictures.

I remember the day I turned 16. All I wanted to do in life was to be able to drive a car.....legally. My Mom had a surprise Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party for me....and she invited both my boy friends. But it all worked out well.

That was 50 years ago. Today I am 66. I have not only grown up, I am now growing old. I am a young 66 I might add....but still I am 66. Makes me smile inside and out. This Life has been the greatest and only getting better as I get closer to Heaven and my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and His Father and mine....and my Mother...and all the Apostles and holy angels and Grandmas Gordon and Altar.... Aunt Edith....too many to mention.

Anyway....TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY. AND I LOVE IT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home