Friday, March 25, 2005

HOLY WEEK...DAY SEVEN

JESUS DIED. HIS BODY IS IN THE TOMB

But Jesus descended into the very depths of Earth and Hell. I believe that Jonah has one of the best prophecies of this event.

Jonah 2:1-10

1 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly,
2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.
3 For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.
4 Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.
5 The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.
6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.
7 When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.
8 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.
(KJV)


Did you read it? Did you perceive the pain and torment Jonah revealed? Did you feel the waters compassing him about, even to the soul? What about the seaweeds that were wrapped so tight about his he could hardly see, hear, or think? And did you detect the feeling of hopelessness that permeated his spirit, soul, and body? Verse 4 reminds me that Jesus lost sight of His Father's Face when he had taken upon himself the sin of the world. I have been where Jonah was. I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore,,,,very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more.........just like the song said. LOVE LIFTED ME....LOVE LIFTED ME, WHEN NOTHING ELSE COULD HELP...LOVE LIFTED ME. (Thank God Jesus went there for you and me.)

The one sign that Jesus said would be given in order for people to believe in Him is the fact that He was three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Matt 12:39-40
39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
(KJV)


This is day seven of Holy Week. Jesus is still in the grave and in Hell. Minutes seem like hours, hours seem like days, and then time seems to stand still. Darkness is so thick you could cut it with a knife and the stench of Hell is unbreathable.

AND THEN HERE COMES SATAN AND HIS DEMONS... The former Cherub and those traitor angels, the 1/3 that had to be cast out of heaven with Lucifer when he was kicked out for claiming he could set his throne above God, There is no "above" GOD...GOD IS THE HIGHEST PLACE. Lucifer was a created being, and no created being can be higher than their Creator. He was anointed and he used the anointing to creat sin. God had to rid heaven of him and "them". You can read about it in Isaiah.

Isa 14:12-17
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
(KJV)


Exekiel tells where sin was created and who created it.


Ezek 28:15
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
(KJV)


This is that Satan, also known as The Devil, or The Great Dragon as seen in Revelation that was taking Jesus by his heel, and thought he could trip Him up.
(Gen 3:14-15)

Rev 12:9
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. (KJV)


Jesus did not die an easy death, nor did He spend a luxurious three days in Hell. He fought battle, after battle, that we know nothing about. All we have is a glimpse as given us by the Apostle Paul in his letter to the Church at Colosse.

Col 2:15
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
(KJV)


Jesus fought these demonic creatures and their leader and won. He not only won, He made a show of them openly before all of Heaven's angels and triumphed over them in the VICTORY.

BUT WE WILL SEE THAT TOMORROW, WON'T WE?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home