Thursday, April 07, 2005

SPRING HOUSE CLEANING

This is the time of year that I do my spring house cleaning.....or rather I have my spring house cleaning done for me. I am so blessed to have granddaughters who know how to work and are not afraid to work. I remember when I was a kid that Spring house cleaning was a big, big, deal. Mom and Dad heated our house with coal and the soot would be all over everything. Mom even had us cleaning wallpaper. That was a job and a half. And I was just a kid. Imagine how hard the grown-ups had to work. Every few years they would put on new wall paper. I loved the smell of paste. I still associate Spring with those days, but it is not the big deal it was back then.

But I do remember and I still like to spruce up my house in the Spring. Maybe I should go buy some new furniture......or a new rug .....or how about just bringing in a boquet of flowers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home