Tuesday, May 10, 2005

METAMORA IN MAY

The first ten days of May have arrived and as usual are breathtaking. The weather has gone from the 70's to the 20's and back to the 70's. By the end of the week we should see the 80's. Tourists have returned to our town and have been very warmly welcomed. My husband started parking this past week-end and though it was a bit on the light side, he was extremely glad to be back at work. He is a people-person and takes great pleasure in talking to our visitors and finding out where they are from and if this is their first visit to Metamora.
I was at the Mother/Daughter Banquet last Saturday and unable to help him park, and our grandson Patrick was playing baseball so he had to go it alone. But I will be out there this Saturday wearing my new hat to keep the sun out of my eyes. I am very excited to be able to get to help him park again. I was with him our first year parking, but it has been several years since I was free to work on the parking lot. (He had me in the shops and the B&B and the restaurant) I am a regular gal-Friday.
Grandson Matt finished his first year at Miami this week. It is hard to believe his first year is over so quickly. (I imagine it did not see "quick" to Matt.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home