Monday, May 02, 2005

MOTHER MAY I?

Do you remember playing this game as a child? I do. It was a very subtle way of teaching us the difference between "can" and "may". Everytime I was called on and given some exciting project to do, I would invariably ask, "Mother, can I?" Only to be told, "No, take two steps backward." I am a person who loves winning, so it did not take me very long to discern the difference in saying Mother may I? instead of Mother can I?
Don't have a clue as to why I remembered that little game. Guess because it is May and Mother's Day is this Sunday. That means I will be spending this week remembering Mom and all the neat things she did for us as kids. She really was a cool Mom.....strict but cool. (NO of course I didn't see that about her back then.)
But now that she is 86 and I am 64 the road in the rear view mirror appears a lot clearer to me now. I had a WONDERFUL CHILDHOOD....TRULY FULL OF WONDER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home