Wednesday, April 27, 2005

THIS WEEK'S NEWSPAPER ARTICLE

THE PRAYERS OF THE SAINTS
BY PAT GULLEY

Rev 8:4
And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand. (KJV)


I am a member of the Body of Jesus Christ and I gladly add my agreement to the prayers of the saints as they ascend before the Throne of God and the Heavenly Mercy Seat where Jesus ever lives to make intercession for those of us who are walking, working. living, and loving on this earth in this day and this hour. Jesus told us that we were to love one another and made it a commandment.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. (KJV)


The Apostle James told us that we were to pray for one another that we might be healed. In our love for one another we desire to see every born again believer fulfill the plan that the Lord has for their life and to prosper and be in health as their soul prospers.

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. (KJV)


I am writing this article because I have a strong desire to see the Body of Jesus Christ walk in harmony with one another under the Headship of our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus is Lord of the Church and His Spirit is the unseen power that enables us to do and to be all that He desires us to be. The last prayer Jesus prayed before His Crucifixion was asking His Father to unite all believers in one faith and in unity of purpose and mission.

John 17:21
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. (KJV)


Jesus still desires that His people show the world His Father's Love. And we must begin with that message in our love for each other. I was really disappointed when I first learned that not all Christians liked one another let alone loved each other. That revelation was taught to me when I first began my walk with Jesus. The Lord also let me know that I was not to worry about who liked me or who didn't like me; but that I was to obey Him and to pray in faith and love for every person as if they were my Mother, Father, Sister, or Brother.

JESUS DID NOT DIE IN VAIN. Again let me quote Bro. John from his first of three letters to the Churches. "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God, and everyone who loveth is born of God and knoweth God, he that loveth not knoweth not God for GOD IS LOVE." (1Jn 4:7-8)

BELOVED LET US LOVE ONE ANOTHER. AMEN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home