Sunday, April 24, 2005

SUNDAY MORNING

I was very blessed to be able to attend to church services this morning. I went to the Metamora United Methodist Church at 8:00 and then my son and husband took me to the Greensburg Assembly of God, New Beginnings, at 10:00. Both services were great but extremely different. The Methodist Church is more traditional and its songs are age-old hymns that I sang as a child.
The Assembly of God is very contemporary and has the discernable presence of the Holy Spirit leading and directing the service. Jesus is Head of both churches and I know it is a matter of choice on which type of service a person is comfortable with but I am comfortable with both and plan on attending both as long as I have someone who will drive me to Greensburg, which is 35 miles from Metamora.
I will remind you that the Methodist Church is just across the street from my home and I can walk to it in a minute or less. Plus, they let me teach Wednesday Night Bible Study which I happen to love to do.
I am an anointed Pastor/Teacher in and to the Body of Jesus Christ and the one thing I LOVE TO DO IS TO TEACH THE WORD OF GOD TO THOSE WHO WANT TO HEAR.
I retired from being a Pastor in 1996 after 21 years but the one thing a preacher can never retire from is preaching.
It has been a very good Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home