Friday, November 25, 2005

THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING DAY

Today is the day after Thanksgiving Day. My children are doing their part in keeping the American economy in the black by taking advantage of all the bargains offered in the Malls and Wal-Marts of our area. My husband is doing his part to help the tourist town of Metamora end the 2005 Season on a positive note by parking cars on our private parking lot. Grandson Patrick is his right hand man. My Dad is out to lunch at the Hearthstone with his brother John and wife Ronnie and niece Arlene and husband Stanton.

Our local Lions Club is having a Chili Supper in the basement of the Metamora United Methodist Church and donating half of the proceeds to the Church treasury and by the will of God we will have a good Christmas Walk.

This is my favorite time of year. I love to say Merry Christmas to friends and strangers and I love the fact that we celebrate the birth of God's only begotten Son, Jesus the Christ. (December 25 may not have been the actual day of his birth, but after 2000 years I doubt if that is of much importance. Jesus was born and that is all that matters.)

And here I sit at my computer writing for this blog. How much better can it get?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home