Tuesday, February 22, 2005

By the Way, I am also a Poet

MetamoraPatter
I will prepare you right now that I fully plan on posting some of my poems now and in the days to come. This is one of my favorites

MY PAPER AND PEN

To sit down and write with my paper and pen
Is a pleasure I find when there's thoughts to contend.
To write crazy thoughts down make them seem small,
While up in my mind they get nothing but tall.

As they run from my brain down my arm they get tired
Some out of breath and some are expired.
So whenever I feel I'm engulfed by my mind,
My paper and pen can't be called "Waste of time".

I penned this poem almost 30 years ago. It was published in our local paper and I thought I would let you read it today. You will be glad to know that there are many more where this came from.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home