Sunday, March 27, 2005

EASTER MORNING WORSHIP AT THE METAMORA UNITED METHODIST CHURCH

Metamora Patter

I just returned with my husband and son from Sunday morning worship service at The Metamora United Methodist Church. It is the same Church I attended as a little girl growing up. I remember getting up in the middle of the night (or so it seemed to me) to get ready for Sunrise Service on Easter Morning.

My 2 sisters and I always had our new Easter outfits to wear...including new black patent leather shoes, and new Easter bonnets (which I hated, by the way). We would get to church a little before 6:00 and the sound of silence and awe greeted us. You could just feel Jesus getting out of that old tomb and smell the lillies blooming in appreciation of His Presence.

I especially liked the special singing on Easter Morning.

I am always flooded with memories when I walk in the doors. I can recall my Grandma Helen, and my Aunt Edith and still hear them singing and it is as if they are still sitting in their pews.

The Sanctuary is the most beautiful one I have ever seen. I was married in this Church and I married my daughter Natalie and her husband Jeff there 18 years ago. During Tourist Season we get many visitors and they are always impressed with the majestic sounds of the old-fashioned pump organ and the simple beauty of the stained glass windows and the old-fashion altar that reminds them of the years of their innocence.

If you are ever in Metamora, please stop in and worship with us. JESUS IS LORD at the Metamora United Methodist and we would love to meet you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home