Wednesday, February 23, 2005

GOOD DAY TO YOU

MetamoraPatter

It is a beautiful day in Metamora. February is a very quiet month. Sometimes it can be very very cold with lots and lots of snow.......other times it is just dull, grey, and wintery. Good thing we have Valentine's Day to share our love and prayers with others. My Dad was 90 years old last Monday......Valentine's Day. My Grandma wanted to name him Valentine Roscoe but Grandpa would not have it. Instead they named him William Roscoe. He always loves celebrating his birthday. Everyone loves helping him celebrate it too. When he worked in the County Courthouse as Treasurer and Recorder they would have surprise birthay parties for him. I put an announcement in the Brookville paper of his 90th birthday and he got so many cards, letters, and phone calls that he was amazed. My niece Charlene and her son John drove my two sisters down to Florida and I flew in over the weekend to spend Valentines' Day with Dad. We had his Birthday party at the Crackerbarrel. It was a blast. Everyone in the dining room joined in in singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him. People love my Dad......So do I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home