Monday, March 28, 2005

A CUP OF WATER

There is a teaching of Jesus that did not come clear to me until today. It is from the Gospel of Mark.


Mark 9:41
41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
(KJV)


Whoever gives a thirsty person a cup of water in the name of Jesus is doing the will of the LORD. Whoever refuses drink to a thirsty soul is not.


Mark 9:42
42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
(KJV)


I would not want to be cast into the SEA OF PUBLIC OPINION. It has been know to drown many a politician. There are times one must stand up and speak out on the behalf of those who cannot stand up and speak for themselves. I believe Terri Schiavo should be given food and water.

I would also remind you of the Parable of the SHEEP AND THE GOATS.


Matt 25:35
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
(KJV)


When these had no remembrance of seeing Jesus thirsty and giving him food or drink, He told them this.


Matt 25:40
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
(KJV)


Then He said this to the other group he had standing before Him....


Matt 25:42
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
(KJV)


When they too did not recall seeing him thirsty and asked when they supposedly did thesethings He said unto them:

Matt 25:45
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
(KJV)


The sheep and the goats will one day answer for the deeds done in this earth....and the punishment is everlasting, while the reward is eternal life.

I know the worldly wise, and the god of this world, do not believe in the teachings of Jesus. That does not change the situation at all. For what if some do not believe, shall their unbelief stop the words of Jesus being true? I THINK NOT.

Heaven and earth may pass away, but the words of God will last forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home