Friday, February 25, 2005

I LIKE FRIDAYS

MetamoraPatter
I guess it started when I was in grade school. I liked Fridays then for the obvious reason. No school for two, count 'em, 2 days.
Then I got to High School and Friday night was "GAME NIGHT". Football in the fall and basketball in the winter. Of course growing up in Indiana I loved all the month of March. March Madness it is known as because of our unfettered love of basketball and the High School and the College playoffs. Fridays were still really big.
Then after I was married and noticed that money was important for more than buying clothes and milkshakes and hamburgers, I liked Fridays because it was "PAY DAY." It seems like I lived from Friday to Friday those years we lived in Carmel, Indiana. Of course after going to the grocery store and paying bills we were out of money by Sunday but by then Friday was only 5 days away.
My kids always liked Fridays too. Can you blame them? School may be over for the week, but there was Saturday and Sunday to work at the shops in Metamora. At least they had the opportunity to earn their own spending money and only had to cross the Canal to go do work.
Guess I could go on and on about Fridays but I won't. But I still love Fridays.
Fridays have a special place in my heart and in my memories. Can you tell?
T.G.I.F.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home